the goal is to love myself so much it offends other people
- take a walk in the snow in your bare feet.
- light a cigarette and watch it burn; don’t smoke it.
- put on all your favorite clothes. layer them. look at the way they look on you.
- appreciate your body.
- smell your plants, even if they’re not flowers. water them, love them the way you want to be love. love them the way they want to be loved.
- remember you are one person now but there are so many people you can be.
- close your eyes and play a favorite song in your head.
- paint your nails then take the paint off. look at the bits left behind, imagine those as your problems, over time, you will scratch them off; they will disappear.
- pick a leaf off a tree, hold it, cry because you hurt it, but then remember it will forgive you, remember that you will always be forgiven. remember to forgive yourself.
- love yourself.
- love the freckles on your left cheek, the stretches on your toes, the scars on your wrist.
- love yourself.
"It’s not going to be easy. It’s not supposed to be easy, I don’t know who taught you that everything difficult means you have to give up and back off and shut yourself down. Loving me is hard. I’m moody, and I don’t always want to hold your hand. Sometimes I don’t even want to look at you. But for God’s sake, that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t fight for you still. It doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t come and get you if you were stranded somewhere at night. Or that I wouldn’t love you through the flu and run back and forth from the bathroom to our bedroom with a cold compress. All I’m saying is that sometimes things get hard, sometimes they get so difficult that you don’t know where to put your hands, but that’s when you grit your teeth and be patient. Some things are worth staying for."
"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."
"The world is most beautiful at 4 AM because people are asleep and nature is wide awake."
"Ancient moon priestesses were called virgins. ‘Virgin’ meant not married, not belonging to a man - a woman who was ‘one-in-herself’. The very word derives from a Latin root meaning strength, force, skill; and was later applied to men: virile. Ishtar, Diana, Astarte, Isis were all called virgin, which did not refer to sexual chastity, but sexual independence. And all great culture heroes of the past, mythic or historic, were said to be born of virgin mothers: Marduk, Gilgamesh, Buddha, Osiris, Dionysus, Genghis Khan, Jesus - they were all affirmed as sons of the Great Mother, of the Original One, their worldly power deriving from her. When the Hebrews used the word, and in the original Aramaic, it meant ‘maiden’ or ‘young woman’, with no connotations to sexual chastity. But later Christian translators could not conceive of the ‘Virgin Mary’ as a woman of independent sexuality, needless to say; they distorted the meaning into sexually pure, chaste, never touched."
"Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it."
I’m trying to find the right kind of blue in these waves. it’s in between the white it’s so beautiful I hope you can see it
"One day I decided that I was beautiful, and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. I wear colors that I really like, I wear makeup that makes me feel pretty, and it really helps. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see. Your body is your temple, it’s your home, and you must decorate it."
"Because this is my life. And that’s the only explanation you will ever need."
"I do like people who have an opinion and live accordingly: people who are against war, people who are against hate, people who are against hurting animals and people and Mother Earth. I like people who are searching for spiritual truth, spiritual alternatives to the total madness and selfishness that prevails in this world. I am open, I like to listen to people who stand out with an opinion, who don’t just follow main-stream society. I love such people!"